- Hundreds of farmers had gathered in protest in the Shevgaon region, to demand fair and remunerative price for their produce.
- Nearly 50% farmers are indebted, over 12000 commit suicide every year – is the government listening?
- A tiny sample, that too mainly urban, cannot give a true picture of what India thinks
- The irrelevance of these ratings to India seems lost on the BJP. It’s top leaders immediately latched on to the rating upgradation, to shower praises on their dear leader.
- Pics of an affectionate Nehru with family and friends seem to outrage BJP’s sensibility – but look deeper and you can see the lurking puritan monster.