In early March, the state education minister had said the Assam Women’s University would be…
If the situation isn’t handled properly, it could lead to disastrous consequence, say experts.
Foreign manufacturers are to be encouraged to come and produce arms in India.
Indian data protection laws lack any teeth, and Prasad can’t be ignorant of that!
Government of India’s new rules will replace permanent employment with term based employment
In a new Newsclick series, we delve deep into lesser known art forms, people and sub-cultures that…
It is surprising to note that the apex court in its judgment dated 20.03.2018, failed to recognize…
State Minister admits that about 2-3% farmers would have been affected with this issue.
Access to this international space though remains highly unequal for different individuals.
Why doesn't the Goa Government want to recover the fine of Rs 65,000 cores from the mining industry?
When faith starts dominating your thinking process, you start bowing before scriptural authority by…
An account of how over 600 journalists and workers were sacked by a leading daily newspaper of…
The AG raised the issue of leakages; the UIDAI spoke on the security of Aadhaar.
At a time when the state is reeling under severe agrarian crisis, the Shivraj Singh Chauhan
Trnn Documentary: This is the story of Robert Mercer.
Jawaharlal Nehru University has been plagued by various issues in the past few years and
Why has BJP been unwilling to admit the motion, why TDP and YSR Congress are unhappy with
Anti-worker amendments to take effect on International Workers’ Day.
Last year, the President caused a national outrage by granting ‘humanitarian pardon’ to
Researchers in Russia have calculated how big of a nuke head will be required to destroy an
Newsclick spoke to Talib Hussain, a lawyer who belongs to the Bakarwal community, to uncover
- The possibility of a handful corporations monopolizing healthcare and agriculture in the developing world is a very real risk today.
- With the arrest of the father-son duo, the cops claim to have cracked the case.
- Despite having been subjected to severe state and corporate repression, COPINH continues a fierce struggle against the hundreds of extractive projects that threaten Lenca communities and territories.
- On December 23, 2017, two brothers Houcine Dioui (age 23) and Jedouane Dioui (age 30) died in the mines of Jerada, Morocco.
- Incidents of cross border shelling have been high in Jammu for the last 2 years or so.