Released on the eve of polling, the manifesto is hollow and vague, with a few data-spins thrown in.
"Narendrabhai, what happened to your promise (of higher support prices for groundnut and cotton)? Was it mere lip service?" asks a farmer in Junagadh.
BJP has no official Muslim candidate in Gujarat although the state has 9% Muslim population.
- Women rights activists and students protested against the Haryana government for its inaction in the case of a 6 year old girl
- Karnataka, where Assembly elections are due next year, has started to burn following clashes in coastal Honnavar town amid Bharatiya Janata Party allegations that a boy was tortured and killed.
- Around the world, chronically low crop prices are keeping farmers from making a living despite record harvests.
- Legal recourse is nowhere to be seen for the families who have survived these horrors.
- Lalji’s research finally received recognition when he performed DNA analysis that contributed significantly to solving the case of Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination.